Lower Gratiot Falls
located along Gratiot River
- Water Flow:
- Two-tiered tumble over large, black volcanic rocks separated by a small pool. A camping site is located on the west side of the falls.
- Keweenaw County at 47°20' 6.93" N, 88°26' 37.69" W (map)
- Nearby Falls:
- Upper Gratiot Falls (0.6 miles), Queen Anne's Falls (4.9 miles), Trap Rock River Falls (6.4 miles), Silver Creek Falls (6.8 miles)
- Thick cedar woods surround the falls with no overlooks. Continue on the road to the mouth of the river to find a remote rocky beach and great views of Lake Superior
- 5 minutes one-way
Walk along the two-track off the main road, heading downhill past the small parking area. This turns into an ATV trail that goes straight to the falls.
- from Houghton, MI (change)